Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 16:26:30 UTC

Re: Graduation tasks

Hi,

It seems the URL http://devicemap.apache.org/devicemap/ contains a valid
site (the old one) already, but the main URL http://devicemap.apache.org/
just points to a folder with a child folder.

Could we improve that? At the very least an index.html auto-forward page,
or that new content Radu has worked on earlier?

Cheers,
Werner

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Moving the contents of
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/site/trunk/content/devicemap/
> one level up should fix that....

FYI that's currently blocked by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8797

-Bertrand

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Volkan YAZICI <vo...@gmail.com>.
Is there a particular reason why we did not move on to Git?
(SVN is still down, BTW.)

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
I raised the question and see Tamaya one benefit would be more or less
automatic mirror on Apache GitHub orga, too.

Werner

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/site/trunk/content/devicemap/

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
It makes a bad impression, but at least there are no imminent conferences
or events that would make people rush to the site, but let's hope the site
can be fixed soon;-)

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Any idea when it'll be fixed?

Even the old site (forwarding to the new URL) shows a rather miserable
folder. So when could anything (even the most simple index.html that
forwards to "devicemap" for now) be published to the site again? IMHO the
bug is critical at least for the public impression of DeviceMap;-)

Werner

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
JIRA also still says:

Bertrand Delacretaz
 ·Category: Incubator

The URL seems fixed, but the category might need to change.

Thanks,
Werner

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@cotescu.com>.
Hi Werner,

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks.

Any roadmap for the other site?
Having the existing one (maybe minus the "incubating", see below;-) for the
time being sounds OK
Welcome to Apache DeviceMap (incubating)

Apache DeviceMap is an incubating <http://incubator.apache.org/> project to
create a data repository containing device information, images and other
relevant information for all sorts of mobile devices, e.g. smartphones and
tablets.

Werner

Re: Graduation tasks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.