Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Aoife Kavanagh (Ext. 987)" <ao...@FINEOS.com> on 2005/05/25 13:58:57 UTC

Weblogic 8.1.2 and Axis 1.2

Hi,

I'm working with Weblogic 8.1.2 and Axis 1.2 on a Windows environment.  I'm
deploying an EAR file that contains the following: a number of message
driven beans and a war file containing an init servlet and my application
libs including my axis jars.

My transport is SOAP over JMS so my beans receive JMS messages which they
then forward on via Axis.

Using Axis 1.1 everything worked fine.
Since upgrading to Axis 1.2 I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError for
org/apache/axis/description/OperationDesc in my bean.  I've done some web
searches and I can't find anything that fixes this.  I saw the issue about
the conflict between weblogic webservices.jar and Axis's saaj.jar and added
the section
<container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
/container-descriptor>
to my weblogic.xml.  This makes no difference whatsoever.  Is there some
equivalent for the application classes?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Aoife

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be privileged and is intended only for the user of the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy, use or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.  This e-mail has been swept for computer viruses.  However, you should carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com

RE: Weblogic 8.1.2 and Axis 1.2

Posted by Bob Carpenter <bo...@engineer.com>.
Hi Aoife,

You and I are working similar problems. I posted my question on BEA's
dev2dev forum. No one really had a good explanation - the axis' jars being
in the WEB-INF/lib should work, but doesn't. So, someone suggested the
brute-force method of adding the jars to the classpath of the app by
including them in CLASSPATH of the startWebLogic.cmd.

So, I added a folder <DOMAIN NAME>/lib, put the six Axis 1.2 jars there and
added the six in the CLASSPATH of the app's startWebLogic.cmd and it now
works.

If anyone knows a more elegant way to bundle these in the EAR, please let
share the info.

--BobC