Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Pietro Liuzzo <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/15 05:22:20 UTC

Backup and restore with Fuseki

Dear all,

I am moving to a new server, and I would like to backup the data in my graphs from the old instance to restore them in the new one.

In the running Apache Jena Fuseki I have hit the backup button, which informs me it has started and finished but I am not sure where to find now this backup so that I can use it to restore data in the new instance.

I have tried to access /etc/fuseki/backups but it looks like I cannot.

Can I change in my configuration the location where the backups are stored?

Thank you very much,

All best
Pietro

Pietro Maria Liuzzo
cel (DE): +49 (0) 176 61 000 606
Skype: pietro.liuzzo (Quingentole)
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5714-4011
Academia: https://uni-hamburg.academia.edu/PietroMariaLiuzzo

Re: Backup and restore with Fuseki

Posted by Pietro Liuzzo <pi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I solved this which was an issue in the proxy.
Works splendidly!
Thank you very much
Pietro

Pietro Liuzzo
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5714-4011
 https://www.aai.uni-hamburg.de/en/ethiostudies/study

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Pietro,

What mechanism were you using to upload the file?

A couple of ways to reload:

   1. Rebuild the database offline with tdbloader, stop the server,
   replace the database directory with the new one and restart.
   2. Load via the UI - this might be a problem for TDB1, depending on heap
   space but TDB2 does not have the same size of transaction limitations.
   3. Use curl to PUT (or POST - ad the data, not removing the old data) to
   the dataset URL.

Compression sizes: my rule of thumb is x8-x10 compression of N-Triples, a
bit more for N-Quads with a small number of named graphs. But it is all
deata shape dependent. If there are a lot of literals the same, the
compression can be much higher.

Andy

Posted by Pietro Liuzzo <pi...@gmail.com>.
Dear Andy,