Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> on 2010/11/04 15:54:08 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1031035 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c

Does this still provide a measureable performance improvement these days?

We used to fetch BASE, WORKING and ACTUAL as separate statements some time ago, but a _read_info() asking for just status should only fetch this row now.

	Bert

Re: svn commit: r1031035 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> [...]

I was mainly focused on removing all the conditionals in read_info()
function.  I haven't measured any performance improvements or lack
thereof.  (Though I suspect that all the conditionals do throw off
branch predictors.)

-Hyrum