Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Pasqualino Imbemba <p....@gmail.com> on 2021/02/23 07:52:46 UTC

PDF Document setup

Hello,

I’m developing a proof of concept following this paper
http://as.nida.ac.th/~pramote/publications/paper-based_document_authentication_using_digital_sinature_and_qr_code-iccet2012.pdf <http://as.nida.ac.th/~pramote/publications/paper-based_document_authentication_using_digital_sinature_and_qr_code-iccet2012.pdf>

I’d like to create a single sided A4 sized PDF which contains text in two columns and a QR-Code.

Where do I find code examples that could hint me towards the document setup?

Thanks
#pasquale

Re: PDF Document setup

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

PDFBox is low level so you have to write the column logic yourself. For
writing to a PDF, look into the examples, e.g. EmbeddedFonts.java in the
source code download.

To output a barcode, use a library like ZXing. There are examples on
stackoverflow to convert them into an image. The next level would be to
convert it into vector graphics.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10789059/

This is with itext, but you could try this with PDFBox too.

Tilman