Posted to user@pig.apache.org by John Smith <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/11 13:22:39 UTC

PigServer class and script execution

Hi,

I have a java code that generates pig script. I am wondering if there is
option to execute that script directly within the java code. I found there
is a option to embed pig script execution inside java code using PigServer
<https://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.14.0/api/org/apache/pig/PigServer.html>
class.

The problem is that I'm using AvroStorage to store the results and the
class contains method Store() that apparently uses file storage.

Is there any way how to execute my pig script using AvroStorage?

Thanks

Re: PigServer class and script execution

Posted by John Smith <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

no, I create pig commands inside the Java programmer so i call
*pigServer.registerQuery*

Best,
John

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.