Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by 陈仕(shichen)-技术产品中心 <sh...@qiyi.com> on 2018/08/07 11:33:35 UTC

Would cqlsh describe command send query to cassandra server ?

Hello, all.

I try to use `desc keyspaces` or desc table t`, and at the same time capture network packets at Cassandra side with tcpdump.
My tcpdump command is like this: tcpdump -i eth0 ip host 10.110.27.6 -X
But I found no string such as desc or keyspaces or table in the output.

So I wonder whether cqlsh fetch keyspace’s and table’s metadata just from local and not send query to server node ?

Thanks.

答复: [营销类邮件] Re: Would cqlsh describe command send query to cassandra server ?

Posted by 陈仕(shichen)-技术产品中心 <sh...@qiyi.com>.
Thanks for replying. That's to say, the drivers fetch metadata from server with heartbeat interval 30s. Right ?

So if I change the value of one property of a table, I can see the change at cqlsh commandline within at most 30s ?

DESCRIBE commands are handled at the driver level not at the server level.
The drivers fetch metadata and keep them up to date.
When a DESCRIBE command is send, the driver build the output from those metadata.

Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <be...@datastax.com>.
Hi,