Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by topstarnetwork <he...@trans-world.org> on 2016/12/05 11:17:43 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 6463 discussion

Hello, is the google code importer avalable? All I found in the allura plugins is only the google wiki importer but I also need to import the full project such as the source code. Thanks.

---

** [tickets:#6463] Create code importer for Google Code**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** v1.0.0
**Labels:** import google-code sf-1
**Created:** Mon Jul 15, 2013 04:31 PM UTC by Cory Johns
**Last Updated:** Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 PM UTC
**Owner:** Tim Van Steenburgh

During project import, SCM needs to be included.  Since Google Code only supports a single repository at a time, we should just have a single Code Importer that checks the project to discover the repo type and passes that information to the appropriate SCM tool's `clone_from_url` method.

One way to discover the repo type would be to load `https://code.google.com/p/%s/source/browse/` and get the text of the item `id="crumb_root"`, which will be one of `" git/ "`, `" hg/ "`, or `" svn/ "`.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] Re: Ticket 6463 discussion

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
The other Google Code importers are included in Allura core (not separate plugins), however they were built to import from the regular Google Code site, and do not work with the archived format that Google Code is in now.

If you want to import a code repo, it is still possible.  For Git & Hg repos you can just get a local copy and push it up to an empty repo on Allura.  For SVN you can import it server-side, or get your own SVN service running and then use the Allura web interface to import from there.

---

** [tickets:#6463] Create code importer for Google Code**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** v1.0.0
**Labels:** import google-code sf-1
**Created:** Mon Jul 15, 2013 04:31 PM UTC by Cory Johns
**Last Updated:** Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:17 AM UTC