Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2002/07/18 17:27:22 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 2578 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_local trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_dav

cmpilato@tigris.org writes:

> Author: cmpilato
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:00:25 -0500
> New Revision: 2578
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/copy.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/diff.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/log.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/ra.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/commit.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/session.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_local/split_url.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_crawler.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/entries.c
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c
> Log:
> More work on Issue #494.  Make the client libraries and
> libsvn_ra_local use URI-encoded URLs throughout.  It is the
> responsibility of the client application to supply valid URLs to the
> libraries it uses.

As of this commit, anyone who has working copies lying around that
have directories in them whose names are not URI-benign (like
"Preacher Teacher.mus" or "config+" or "Look%20Mom"), your entries
files will be incompatible with the Subersion libraries.  I *think*
that in most cases, *files* which have such names will be okay, since
we typically re-derive their URLs from that of their parent directory
anyway.

You can edit the entries files yourself to ensure that all URLs
in them are URI-encoded properly, or you can check out new working
copies.

I believe also that the Subversion working copies are all good (no
need to check them out again).