Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Brad Murphy <br...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/04 23:02:05 UTC

User Account Files

Lenya 1.2.4

I was just wondering if someone could confirm which files and folders are needed
to create a user without using the GUI?  We would like to add a default CMS user
to all future publications.  This is easy enough with the GUI, however we have a
SVN repository, therefore I need to know which files and folders the GUI changes
in order to commit them in the repository.

So far I know of username.iml (in pubname/config/ac/passwd/), the folder called
username.html (in pubname/config/ac/policies/admin/users/), and the
subtreepolicy.acml within that folder.  It seems to work if only these files and
folder are added, however does anyone know if I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Re: User Account Files

Posted by Josias Thöny <jo...@wyona.com>.
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 09:36 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> Brad Murphy schrieb:
> > Lenya 1.2.4
> >
> > I was just wondering if someone could confirm which files and folders are needed
> > to create a user without using the GUI?  We would like to add a default CMS user
> > to all future publications.  This is easy enough with the GUI, however we have a
> > SVN repository, therefore I need to know which files and folders the GUI changes
> > in order to commit them in the repository.
>
> I wouldn't add the files directly - this way you might run into
> problems re. backwards compatibility.
>
> If you want to add the default user from the command line,
> I'd recommend to use a module with a single test case which
> adds the user via the API:
>
>   ./build.sh module.test -Dmodule=org.myproject.adduser

I'm afraid this won't work with Lenya 1.2.4 which Brad was referring to.
Module tests only exist in Lenya 1.4, or am I mistaken?
IMHO, it should be ok in 1.2.x to just add the files, because 1.2.4 is
not likely to change much anymore.

Brad, not sure if you missed any files, but if the user is able to
login, do some basic operations (including changing his password), it
should be fine.

josias

Re: User Account Files

Posted by Brad Murphy <br...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you for the reply Andreas,

Andreas Hartmann <andreas <at> apache.org> writes:
> If you want to add the default user from the command line,
> I'd recommend to use a module with a single test case which
> adds the user via the API:
>
>   ./build.sh module.test -Dmodule=org.myproject.adduser
>
> If the user should be added when the publication is instantiated,
> you can add the code to your custom Instatiator class.

I'm unfamiliar with a custom Instantiator class (does an empty class already
exist somewhere, or do I need to create it?) or where it should be located in
the code, however before looking into this too much can I also either delete the
lenya/alice accounts using that method, or just change their passwords?
The end result is to still have a CMS administrator user that we can login with,
however to stop people from logging into other departments publications.  If
someone views the documentation they'll quickly learn that they can login to
other publications using lenya/alice.  Would it be easier to just change the
default passwords for lenya/alice (not manually, but have it automatic when the
publication is created/instantiated)?

On a side note, my Java coding isn't great, therefore if you know of any
documentation on where and how I would do this it would be great.

Thanks again,

Brad

Re: User Account Files

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.