Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Norman Ordas <no...@qinteraction.com> on 2003/08/23 03:24:03 UTC

How can I invoke Print in HSSF?

Hi guys,

    Is there a method in POI in general that will allow me to Print or maybe
invoke the Print Dialog so I can direct the content of my excel file to the
printer?? Help pls..

    Tnx.

Norman

HWPF

Posted by Francesco Di Bari <34...@vodafone.it>.
Hi, I'm Francesco from Italy.
Anyone can tell me if HWPF classes are been released?
I need reading MS-Word files.
Thanks

Re: How can I invoke Print in HSSF?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Nope it doesn't print presently.  He wants to drive Excel via OLE.  In any
case SheetViewer was basically co-developed by myself and Jason and can be
found in the contrib module.

On 8/23/03 8:23 AM, "Ryan Ackley" <sa...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Generally you have to render something to the screen before you can print
> it. HSSF doesn't handle rendering thats up to you. I think Andy developed
> some type of viewer for excel files. It may have a print option.
>
> Ryan

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

Re: How can I invoke Print in HSSF?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
HSSF is a port of the Excel file format.  It has nothing to do with
OLE/ActiveX, Excel, Windows, etc. itself.  You can use a Java OLE bridge or
Visual basic and do what you're trying to accomplish however I've long
forgotten how.

-Andy