Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philip Warne <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/22 00:31:46 UTC

mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

I have a working configuration of Apache & Tomcat using Apache 2.0.55 with mod_jk.so version 1.2.15. I have installed Apache version 2.2.2 and have kept my existing mod_jk configuration, i.e., I have copied mod_jk.so to the modules directory of the new installed Apache and have modified the httpd.conf to include another .conf file that has the mod_jk load, etc.

  It has stopped working. When I check the configuration I get the following error:

  httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 487 of C:/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 3 of C:/Apache2.2/conf/mod-jk.conf:
Cannot load C:/Apache2.2/modules/mod_jk.so into server: The specified procedure could not be found. Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  22...

  This is what line 3 of my mod-jk.conf reads:

  LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

  Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see.

  Thanks for any help.

---------------------------------
Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo! Messenger with Voice

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Sant wrote:
> Can any one of you send me the copy of mod_jk.so for windows for apache2.2.2.
> my email address: ysanjeev@yahoo.com
> thanks.

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/win32/

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by Sant <ys...@yahoo.com>.
Can any one of you send me the copy of mod_jk.so for windows for apache2.2.2.
my email address: ysanjeev@yahoo.com
thanks.
sanjeev

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by harold62 <ph...@free.fr>.
please could you send me a copy of this file

my email is philippe.hublin@free.fr

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by jiawei24 <ji...@gmail.com>.
could you send me a copy too ?
thank you very much...
My email is jiawei24@gmail.com

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by cmarkovitz <st...@markovitz.org>.
Could you please send me the copy of the recompiled mod_jk.so for 2.2.2 as
well.

thanks.

my email is cmarkovitz@hotmail.com

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by raorba <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Hey man

Is it possible to you to send me a copy or your "brand new", recompiled
mod_jk.so for 2.2.2?

You will be think I'm lazy, but in fact I'm more a Linux boy than Windows
boy and I don't know how use VC++ at all.

My email is rafael_oropeza at hotmail.com Thanks in advance

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by Philip Warne <sw...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, that's precisely what I did, i.e., recompiled mod_jk (with VC++ 2005). It's working now.

Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> wrote:
"Philip Warne" wrote in message
>I have a working configuration of Apache & Tomcat using Apache 2.0.55 with
>mod_jk.so version 1.2.15. I have installed Apache version 2.2.2 and have
>kept my existing mod_jk configuration, i.e., I have copied mod_jk.so to the
>modules directory of the new installed Apache and have modified the
>httpd.conf to include another .conf file that has the mod_jk load, etc.

You really shouldn't have expected this to work. It is recommended to use
mod_proxy_ajp with Apache 2.2.x, but at the very least, you'll need to
recompile mod_jk against your Apache 2.2.x install to have any hope of
getting it working. The simple reason is that Apache 2.0.x and Apache 2.2.x
make no claims to be binary compatible. The good news is that at least the
compile should work, since Gump regularly builds mod_jk against Apache
2.3-dev.

Re: mod_jk.so problems going from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.2.2

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.