Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/14 09:31:14 UTC

[4.18][RELEASE] RC1 up for vote

Hi All,

I've created a 4.18.0.0 release candidate, with the following
artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit
SH:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.18.0.0-RC20230214T0955
Commit: c3a27df15a535d877b34a10564651fffb032f756

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the following
location):https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.18.0.0/

PGP release keys (signed using
XXXXXXXX):https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

--
Daan

Re: [4.18][RELEASE] RC1 up for vote

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
ok, Nicolas, that is serious. there are probably some minor issues as well,
so let's gather them and test them over the weekend. Hopefully I can create
a second RC on monday.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
great Nicolas, thanks.

If no other issues come in, and testing is done, I will create a new RC by
the end of the day.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 1:36 AM Nicolas Vazquez <

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
great Nicolas, thanks.

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Daan (and all),

Please find a fix for the mentioned issue on this PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7287

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 12:07
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [4.18][RELEASE] RC1 up for vote

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 11:46
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Daan (and all),

From: Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 12:07
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 11:46
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 11:46
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 11:46
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
tnx Bryan, merged.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
tnx Bryan, merged.

Posted by Bryan Lima <br...@scclouds.com.br>.
Hey Daan,

Posted by Bryan Lima <br...@scclouds.com.br>.
Hey Daan,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
all,
I am yet postponing RC2 for another day. There is a discussion and another
possible blocker issue that I am investigating with a colleague.
I will update tomorrow.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
all,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
@bryan, @sina,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
@bryan, @sina,

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Daan,

Thanks for the RC. Before saying anything, I should mention that I don't have any votes here :-)

I've tested some functionalities of the release. I found two issues one is related to the redundant virtual networks, and another one is related to the service offering creation. I've created the following issues for them. Feel free to include or exclude them from the 4.18. They require some changes in the UI. Nothing is wrong with the backend.

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Daan,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.