Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sreenivas Mangasandra <sr...@intland.com> on 2005/07/04 19:31:21 UTC

"Project Plugin regarding CPD."

Hello,

I am using Maven to generate several different kinds of project reports.

I could generate a few of them, but the CPD (Detection of copy-paste code)
report does not

Get generated. Any idea?

Maven version : 1.0.2

Java : 1.4.2

Part of the project.xml file:

            <reports>

                       <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-javadoc-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-jdepend-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-license-plugin</report>

                        <report>maven-linkcheck-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-simian-plugin</report>

                       <report>maven-tasklist-plugin</report>

            </reports>

What is the tag for the CPD plugin, I checked out with
<report>maven-CPD-plugin</report>, but it failed.

On maven site : http://maven.apache.org/cpd-report.html

With Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sreenivas Mangasandra,

Intland Software GmbH, Wankel Str. 3,

D-70563 Stuttgart, Germany.

Tel.: +49 711 722 1834

AW: "Project Plugin regarding CPD."

Posted by Sreenivas Mangasandra <sr...@intland.com>.
Hi

I have solved the problem by including the maven.pmd.cpd.enable=true in the
properties file.

Sreenivas.

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.
CPD is not its own plugin; it is part of the PMD plugin.  Speciyfing
the property mentioned above, is the only way to currently get it to
run.

On 7/5/05, Sreenivas Mangasandra <sr...@intland.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

> It works with setting a property in the project.properties file. But
>

> I wanted to include it in the project.xml file as
>

> <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
>

> <report>maven-simian-plugin</report>
>

> Something like above. Ex: <report>maven-cpd-plugin</report>
>

> It tried maven-cpd-plugin, maven-pmd.cpd-plugin etc, but it does
>

> not work.
>

> Sreenivas.

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer