Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lima Union <li...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/05 21:36:47 UTC

Newbie question

Greetings SA admins,

I'm planning to deploy SA in a couple of weeks, I've been testing SA
3.02 (Debian distro) during the last weeks and it works very well but
I'm a bit concerned about the the memory leaks reported here.

My question is, should I wait till SA 3.1 is released or just install
3.0.3 and see what happens ? My future setup involves Postfix
(postgrey included) -> Amavisd-new -> SA (very conservative, initially
just tagging the subjects, no AWL/Bayes/RBL) for around 1600+ users.

I'd appreciate your comments.
George.

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Richard Ozer <ro...@ois-online.com>.
If you don't plan on using AWL, you shouldn't have any difficulty with the
debian 3.0.2 package.

The only memory problems I experienced with SA, Amavis, and Postfix were
related to large AWL files.

Because I use AWL (or ASS as the case may be), I've updated my servers to
3.0.3.

RO