Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Nishadi Kirielle <nd...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2017/06/18 09:16:32 UTC

[AEROSPIKE] Mapping file design and initial implementation details

Hi All,

I am currently working on the project to implement gora-aerospike module to
gora. In looking at the aerospike data model [1], I could see that it does
not require the schema in order to proceed with. I have documented [2] the
basic details regarding the data model and as per the information I found,
in the mapping file it does not need to have the details of the fields as
the bins ( that correspond to columns in RDBMS) can be created in the fly
while creating the records.
So I have come up with this design [3] for the mapping file for aerospike
which is much different from the available other mapping files due to the
absense of the fields.
At the moment I have implemented the 'put' method [4] and it works fine
with this design.

It will be great to have feedback regarding the taken approach as I am
still in the initial stage of the design.

[1].http://www.aerospike.com/docs/architecture/data-model.html
[2].
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dt8V5Uar5FADk6cqvWkT7gdqEeLqcj5u31L5Lb_GRL8
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dt8V5Uar5FADk6cqvWkT7gdqEeLqcj5u31L5Lb_GRL8/edit#>
[3].
https://github.com/nishadi/gora/blob/issue-502/gora-tutorial/conf/gora-aerospike-mapping.xml
[4].
https://github.com/nishadi/gora/commit/8571ad90db93507118897e7fb51500ac4821c47c

Thank you and regards
Nishadi
--
Nishadi Kirielle

Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka

Mobile : +94 70 204 5934
Blog : nishadikirielle.wordpress.com

Re: [AEROSPIKE] Mapping file design and initial implementation details

Posted by Nishadi Kirielle <nd...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi all,

I have written the basic guide on how to use Aerospike with Gora with the
use of gora tutoarial log manager example.
Please find it below;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hS0PrAXVRJ-NWkJyTnqFd_GJ7IBe4AtrUQJOP-QkwXg/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you and regards
Nishadi