Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Martin Braun <mb...@uni-hd.de> on 2006/09/07 15:46:25 UTC

best way indexing user queries

Hello,

I would like to index the user submitted queries to a given index. As a
result of this I want to provide something like: people who searched for
test searched also with these queries: +title:test +author:somename.

I think the simple approach of just adding the queries as a string in a
document, would cause many redundancies, e.g. thousands of docs with
test in it.

Does anybody have programmed something similar, or is it just not a
reasonable idea?

thanks,
martin

Re: best way indexing user queries

Posted by Karel Tejnora <ka...@tejnora.cz>.
Discussed before, it's more relation db task than lucene.

Simple approach is to get a list of terms from your queries and store
relation document - query - terms.

I have around 1.6e10 query-terms in postgreSQL and with proper index
select takes around 0.6 ms (clustered vacuumed analyzed), 300 ms after day.

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 15:46 +0200, Martin Braun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to index the user submitted queries to a given index. As a
> result of this I want to provide something like: people who searched for
> test searched also with these queries: +title:test +author:somename.
>
> I think the simple approach of just adding the queries as a string in a
> document, would cause many redundancies, e.g. thousands of docs with
> test in it.

You are looking for user based collaborative filtering. taste.sf.net can
do that for you.