Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/05/28 22:00:36 UTC

Connecting to a Calcite adapter without writing a model

I logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1259 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1259> because I thought it would be useful for people to connect to Calcite without writing a model. In particular, they might want to use the Cassandra or MongoDB or Elasticsearch adapters as a SQL interface. For example, with this feature you can connect to Cassandra using the connect string

  jdbc:calcite:schemaFactory=org.apache.calcite.adapter.cassandra.CassandraSchemaFactory; schema.host=localhost; schema.keyspace=twissandra

Can someone review before I commit?

Any ideas for how to further reduce friction on people using adapters?

Julian

Re: Connecting to a Calcite adapter without writing a model

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.
I'm not really familiar with the code this commit touches, but LGTM. I
tried it out and it works as expected. Just noted one documentation issue.

--
Michael Mior
michael.mior@gmail.com