Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Markus Kohler <ko...@cms.tecmath.de> on 2000/08/08 14:51:45 UTC

Setting build.compiler in .ant.properties ?

Hi,
I'm trying to override the build.compiler property in my
personal .ant.properties file :
 <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes" />

when running ant -v i get :

Setting project property: build.compiler -> modern
   +Task: property
 [property] Loading C:\WINNT\Profiles\kohler/.ant.properties
Setting project property: <property -> name="build.compiler" value="jikes"
/>

Looks good doesn't it ?

Unfortunately it doesn't use jikes.

When I change the original line in the source file to the line above
everything
works fine.

I'm using Ant 1.1 on Windows NT 4.0.

Is this a known problem ?

Regards,
Markus

Re: Setting build.compiler in .ant.properties ?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
Hi Markus,

looks like something sets your build.compiler property before
.ant.properties is loaded (Ant's own buildfile did so back in 1.1, now
the <property> construct that loads .ant.properties has moved up in
the buildfile).

Either shuffle your <property> constructs or invoke Ant with
ant -Dbuild.compiler=jikes. To make this change permanent, set the
environment variable ANT_OPTS to -Dbuild.compiler=jikes.

Stefan