Posted to users@maven.apache.org by PELISSE Romain <ro...@atosorigin.com> on 2006/11/29 15:41:54 UTC

Re: Customizing Checkstyle Plugin for M2

Hi,

I've got the same problem : My custom check is not reconized as a "valid

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle configuration
TreeWalker is not allowed as a parent of fr.gouv.impots.chartedev.outil.java.DoWhileCheck

However, my custom check ( basicly log HELLO everytime is called) works perfectly fines in standalone ( with ANT task) and with Maven 1. Maven 1 plugin uses Checkstyle 4.1 ( just as Maven 2 plugin), so i'm quite bewildered....

Laetitia, did you solve your problem ? Was it your check or something else ?

Hi Laetitia,

Have you try your rules with Checkstyle only ? Your error seems to be an error on your rules and not an error on the maven plugins configuration.

Christophe DENEUX
Capgemini Sud - Nice

Laetitia Juers wrote:

    Oops sorry, you're right ...
    I need to customize the Checkstyle plugin with some new rules. They are written
    in a package and defined in a configuration XML file.

    I have follow the M2 recommendations
    http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/customize.html.

    When i use the mvn checkstyle:checkstyle, i have this M2 error :

    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO] An error has occurred in Checkstyle report generation.

    Embedded error: Failed during checkstyle configuration
    TreeWalker is not allowed as a parent of CheckNJ2EE203

    Thanks for advices.

    Selon Rolf Strijdhorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

        Sorry,
        but what error this is just a link,
        I think there went something wrong with your copy-past action

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.