Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 17:23:49 UTC

site documentation

When I was writing the page to host the eclipse movie I wanted to drop
some 'random' html into the xdocs xml, but the page build whined -- so I
cheated and wrote the whole page as a .html.

So what should I have done to produce a page like this?
(site/xdocs/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse_movie.html)

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: site documentation

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> When I was writing the page to host the eclipse movie I wanted to drop
> some 'random' html into the xdocs xml, but the page build whined -- so I
> cheated and wrote the whole page as a .html.

Bad Tim!  Bad Tim!  :)

> So what should I have done to produce a page like this?
> (site/xdocs/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse_movie.html)

I dunno - that's a good question.

What I'd suggest another addition to the xdoc to be a callout to HTML so
we get full rendering of top and nav.

Something like

<document>

<section name="foo">

<htmlinclude file="dev_eclipse_movie.html" />

</section>
</document>

where htmlinclude is implemented in the velocity stylesheet via a
#include(), and the .html file contains the body snippet you want.
Fairly straightforward, and you then don't have to try and get HTML into
the .xml file...