Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com> on 2009/09/15 23:38:28 UTC

documentation deficiency : case sensitivity of boolean operators

I couldn't find this anywhere on solr's docs / faq

i finally found a reference on lucene
	http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

this should really be added somewhere.  i'm not sure where, but I
thought this was worth bringing up to the list -- as it really
confused the hell out of me :)

Re: documentation deficiency : case sensitivity of boolean operators

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: documentation deficiency : case sensitivity of boolean operators
:
: I couldn't find this anywhere on solr's docs / faq

if you have suggestions on places to add it, feel free to update the wiki.

(most of the documentation is deliberatly agnostic to the specifics of the
query parser syntax, instead relying on links to point you to the same
refrence URL you found ... so i can't actually think of anywhere in the
Solr docs that mentions the AND/OR/NOT syntax that it would make sense to
clarify this)

-Hoss

Re: documentation deficiency : case sensitivity of boolean operators

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
That's already linked from
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

-Yonik