Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Rodrigo Reyes <ro...@instaservi.com> on 2003/08/15 01:33:47 UTC

Is the data.setLayoutTemplate() method workind?

Hi all
    Is any one using the data.setLayoutTemplate() method? How? I am trying,
but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help?

Rodrigo Reyes

Re: Is the data.setLayoutTemplate() method workind?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Rodrigo Reyes" <ro...@instaservi.com> writes:

>Hi all
>    Is any one using the data.setLayoutTemplate() method? How? I am trying,
>but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help?

In which context are you using it? Screen class? Action? Tool?

The LayoutTemplate gets changed when you change e.g. the ScreenTemplate,
so order might be important.

	Regards
		Henning

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)

Re: Is the data.setLayoutTemplate() method workind?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Rodrigo Reyes" <ro...@instaservi.com> writes:

>Rodrigo
>    Thanx. Seems like what I need. Still, it seems like a workaround for
>something that is broken. Am I right?

There is nothing broken. It just does not in the way that you expect. ;-)

The Layout is pulled in dependence from the screen template. You can
see the code in org.apache.turbine.util.template.TemplateInfo, lines
143 - 161. If you want to change the screen and the layout template,
you must set first the screen, then the layout. Yes, it sucks.

If you really want an user configurable Layout (which means, using an
arbitrary layout template instead of the fixed "screen xxx -> layout
xxx" mapping set by the TemplateService, you might either look into
writing a custom mapper class (which would be the most flexible thing,
because you could get the TemplateService to do all the hard work for
you) or work on VelocityOnlyLayout (or VelocityECSLayout) which does
the Layout processing.

Personally, I'd advise to look into the mappers.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Rodrigo Reyes <ro...@instaservi.com>.
I am using the TDK2.2. Mmmmm... interesting

Rodrigo

turbine-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Posted by Rodrigo Reyes <ro...@instaservi.com>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 12:20, Rodrigo Reyes wrote:
> Rodrigo
>     Thanx. Seems like what I need. Still, it seems like a workaround for
> something that is broken. Am I right?

Not sure if whats the status of this on T2-HEAD. I'm using T2-STABLE.

> Rodrigo
> PS: Well, portuguese is not that difficult to understand if you know
> Spanish... ;)

Sure ;-)

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 12:20, Rodrigo Reyes wrote:
> Rodrigo
>     Thanx. Seems like what I need. Still, it seems like a workaround for
> something that is broken. Am I right?

Not sure if whats the status of this on T2-HEAD. I'm using T2-STABLE.

> Rodrigo
> PS: Well, portuguese is not that difficult to understand if you know
> Spanish... ;)

Sure ;-)

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 23:15, Rodney Schneider wrote:

> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> You shouldn't need to call data.setLayoutTemplate() anymore because a
> call to data.setScreenTemplate() will automatically trigger a search
> for the corresponding layout template.

Yes. but there are some cases were you want a specific layout for a give
screen. Example : I want to reuse my user adm template under different
projects (layouts). Capiche ?

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
Hi Rodrigo,