Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/24 05:17:11 UTC

Beautify 404

Hello everybody,

Checked in changes to allow custom 404 page. To use it, just add something like this
to your <map:pipeline>:

   <map:handle-errors type="404">
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/error2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
   </map:handle-errors>

Other possible value for type attribute is 500 - which is default; the meaning for 500 type
erorr handler is the same as before, and type attribute is optional (preserving old syntax).

It is allowed to use own generator:

   <map:handle-errors type="404">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="my404.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize status-code="404"/>
   </map:handle-errors>

Every <map:pipeline> might have own customized 404 page; if no page is specified,
CocoonServlet will process an error. If request did not match any pipeline, 404 page from
last pipeline will be used.

Comments are very welcome.

Thanks,
Vadim

RE: Beautify 404

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com>.
Carsten,

I disabled map:generator in map:handle-errors element (as it was before).

Vadim

Re: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@ewarna.com>.
As a byline note....

I am using Together Control Center 5.02 and on Sun JDK 1.3.1
(Linux/RH7.1/KDE 1.1/2.1.1 ) it does not manage to start up at all.

TogetherSoft says there are outstanding issues in JDK 1.3.1 on Unix, and
for Linux there is a workaround regarding a LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment
variable (Don't have the details here.) and glibc compile options.

TogetherSoft recommends Sun JDK 1.3.0_02, and I am sticking to that one.

That's all folks...

Niclas

AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de>.
Hi Donald,

i use the blackdown-1.3.1 jdk and have no problems. the sun one gives me
fits.
<<
Can you give me a little more detail?

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> Has anyone noticed performance/memory issues running C2 under Linux (Suse
> 7.2) and using the SUN JDK 1.3.1 as opposed to 1.2 ?
>
> Is it ok to upgrade to 1.3.1?

i use the blackdown-1.3.1 jdk and have no problems. the sun one gives me
fits.

- donald

Re: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Re: AW: Cocoon Stammtisch: Was: Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
We could all bring our notebooks to show off a bit ;-) I would be very
interested in seeing what you guys do.
Or does "take a look at what we are doing" involve business? ;-)

Mariano
ps. Bringing a notebook to a bar is always a pretty good way, to be left in
peace. Nobody speaks to this kind of strange people ;-) We could also meet a
little bit earlier in our office (8km away from the bar) and have a look at
it there and drive from there to the bar. It's quiter than in the bar and we
also have beer ;-)

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Carsten and I will see if we can (somehow) make it - so put us down as
>"possible". Now is there anyone in Frankfurt interested in taking a look at
>what we are doing with Cocoon? Say maybe on the 9th :-))

I am highly interested in seeing the work of collegues ;) I hope I can
participate on the 8th.

Michael

Re: AW: Cocoon Stammtisch: Was: Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi *

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Mariano Kamp wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   what about the 8th? Should we meet around 8pm at Töffies?

	Fine with me. Looking forward to meeting you all. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&

Re: AW: AW: Cocoon Stammtisch: Was: Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
That's sad. If another day within the next two weeks would help, please say
so.

Mariano

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
Hi there,

  what about the 8th? Should we meet around 8pm at Töffies?

Mariano

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 03:16 pm, Matthew Langham wrote:
> Carsten and I will see if we can (somehow) make it - so put us down as
> "possible". Now is there anyone in Frankfurt interested in taking a look at
> what we are doing with Cocoon? Say maybe on the 9th :-))
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Open Source Group               sunShine - Lighting up e:Business
> Matthew Langham, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
> Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

	ok, excellent - I'm in! :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Mariano Kamp wrote:

> the 8th is fine with me.
>
> Alright. So the 8th at Töffies?
>
> Any other takers?

	ok, excellent - I'm in! :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
On Wednesday 25 July 2001 12:49 pm, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Mariano Kamp wrote:
> > Maybe we should discuss the date first?
> >
> > As I am very open in that respect, somebody else can make a proposal.
>
> 	ok, how about wednesday week after next ? that would be the 8th
> 	August ? Would that suit everyone ?
>
> 	I'm free every night during the week, and most weekends, so if the 8th
> 	is a problem another night would most likely suit me too. Feel free to
> 	suggest another.

the 8th is fine with me.

RE: Cocoon Stammtisch

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
Damn... I wish there were some more cocooners
around Göttingen... Are there?
--
Tosten

Re: Cocoon Stammtisch: Was: Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi All,

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
Maybe we should discuss the date first?

As I am very open in that respect, somebody else can make a proposal.

No, I don't have any preferred locations, but to give it a start  ...

I do like Tigerpalast (which happens to be in the basement of my place ;-).
It's pretty nice and decent, but a bit expensive (beer @ 7,50 DM).

Besides that I like Bornheim, like Töffies or Harveys (Nordend, a bit loud)
and of course there are two traditional restaurants (Schöne Müllerin and
Mösebach).

But I am very open for other suggestions too.

Mariano

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.

AW: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de>.
Kevin,

Despite the about I am still persisting with cocoon on linux even though
from my personal experience the win2k installation is more stable.
<<
That is what we have found. The trouble is we have a customer (now who
invented those :-)) who is using Linux.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Kevin O'Neill wrote:

> I've been running jdk 1.3.1, Redhat 7.1 (2.4 kernel), jboss/tomcat
> (2.2.2/3.2.2), cocoon b2 running on a 500 MHz machine with 512 MB ram
> and found the following.
>
> The stability issues for me seem to stem from the svg renderers thus
> making the stability of the overall system quite bad (read jvm core
> dumps). I haven't been able to reproduce the dump in a consistent
> fashion (it seems to occur if you leave the service idle for a while,
> come back, run an svg task that has previously executed, boom, core
> dump. If ever I have a reproducible procedure I'll post it.

i have found resin to be more stable that tomcat, especially when running
batik.

- donald

RE: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Re: AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> 	Hope your holidays were great! :-)
> <<
> Yep - but I have already forgotten them :-(. Now Carsten is off for a few
> days - (not that he's earned it... - ouch) :-). Also - it's a pity we will
> not be able to go guiness-drinking in Dublin after all..

	I know, what a let down! :-(

	We'll have to have a Cocoon Stammtisch in Frankfurt! :-)

> Anyway - thanks for your comments. We are still finding C2 on a Linux
> platform to be a lot less stable than on W2K. We are having quite a few
> tomcat crashes, memory problems etc. Also our first impression is that they
> actually seem to be worse under 1.3.1 and I was just wondering if this is a
> common report - or maybe something else is wrong.

	Well, you could be right, we're not running C2 on Linux in production,
	only for development. Our production and test environment is actually
	on Sun Solaris systems.

	I'd be interested in the details of your problems though, we're
	looking at moving to 1.3.1 on our Sun systems. Any more info you can
	give us ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:

AW: JDK 1.3.1, Cocoon 2 and Linux - impressions?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Matthew Langham wrote:

> Has anyone noticed performance/memory issues running C2 under Linux (Suse
> 7.2) and using the SUN JDK 1.3.1 as opposed to 1.2 ?
>
> Is it ok to upgrade to 1.3.1?

	I haven't seen any issues with 1.3.1 other than the compilation
	problems we saw several weeks back, just make sure you use the classic
	compiler.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Matthew,

AW: Beautify 404

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.

RE: Beautify 404

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Carsten,

AW: Beautify 404

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.

RE: Beautify 404

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Donald,

When I experimented my IE reacted strange on 404... So in my sitemap I decided
to leave 200 for the time being.

Vadim

Re: Beautify 404

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.