Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Juraj Jurco <jj...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 00:07:41 UTC

Unable to install hadoop

Hi all,
I wanted to try to install Hadoop on my machine with latest Fedora
release and I'm getting following error:

Test Transaction Errors:   file /usr/bin from install of
hadoop-1.1.2-1.i386 conflicts with file from package
filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
   file /usr/lib from install of hadoop-1.1.2-1.i386 conflicts with file
from package filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
   file /usr/lib64 from install of hadoop-1.1.2-1.i386 conflicts with
file from package filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
   file /usr/sbin from install of hadoop-1.1.2-1.i386 conflicts with
file from package filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64

Please do you know how to fix this? I cannot uninstall filesystem
package and I don't want to make downgrade.. I'm scared it will not work
as it works now.

Re: Unable to install hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Juraj Jurco <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wanted to try to install Hadoop on my machine with latest Fedora release
> and I'm getting following error:
>
> Test Transaction Errors:   file /usr/bin from install of hadoop-1.1.2-1.i386

Depending on what version of Hadoop you really want to play with you may
find Bigtop's Hadoop distribution to be of value:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/BIGTOP/how-to-install-hadoop-distribution-from-bigtop-050.html

There's also a release of Bigtop 0.3.1 based on the latest Hadoop 1.X that
is supposed to be coming out pretty soon.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Unable to install hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.