Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Feroze Daud <fe...@zillow.com> on 2009/12/08 19:58:22 UTC

indexing XML with solr example webapp - out of java heap space

Hi!

I downloaded SOLR and am trying to index an XML file. This XML file is
huge (500M).

When I try to index it using the "post.jar" tool in example\exampledocs,
I get a "out of java heap space" error in the SimplePostTool
application.

Any ideas how to fix this? Passing in "-Xms1024M" does not fix it.

Feroze.

Re: indexing XML with solr example webapp - out of java heap space

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
the post.jar does not stream. use "curl" if you are using *nix.
--Noble

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com