Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Tu <mi...@adshapers.com> on 2004/06/03 07:10:18 UTC

Cactus-1.6.1: error messages

Hi All:

I appreciate your help.

I am running Cactus-1.6.1 with <cactify> and <cactus> approach on resin 2.1.13. When run ant -verbose I got the errors as below:

1) "No mapping of the JSP redirector found", but in my web.xml the jspredirector has been added. The other 2 redirectors are fine.

2) "Container responding to HTTP requests as null", but later also showing the '-Dcactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/Stream3-test-cactus' is called. Why is this?

3) My application is a demo so I am quite sure everything of itself should be fine. The test passes with no error, but often the same test fails and gives error "Was expecting '/stream3-test-cactus/enginemanager/admin/Organization.jsp' but it appears the Action has tried to return an ActionForward that is not mapped correctly."

[cactifywar] adding entry WEB-INF/lib/commons-httpclient-2.0.jar

[cactus] Adding Cactus client system property [cactus.filterRedirectorName] w

ith value [filterRedirector]

[cactus] No mapping of the JSP redirector found

[cactus] Adding Cactus client system property [cactus.servletRedirectorName]

with value [servletRedirector]

[cactus] Adding Cactus server system property [cactus.contextURL] with value

[null]

[cactus] -----------------------------------------------------------------

[cactus] Running tests against Resin 2.x

[cactus] -----------------------------------------------------------------

[cactus] Starting up container

[cactus] Container responding to HTTP requests as null

jakarta-cactus-13-1.6.1\lib\commons-httpclient-2.0.jar to CLASSPATH

[cactus] Running com.vortaloptics.enginemanager.actions.ManageOrganizationAct

ionTest

[cactus] Executing 'F:\vo-sw\j2sdk1.4.1_07\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:

[cactus] '-Dcactus.filterRedirectorName=filterRedirector'

[cactus] '-Dcactus.servletRedirectorName=servletRedirector'

[cactus] '-Dcactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/Stream3-test-cactus'

[cactus] '-classpath'

[cactus] Testcase: testSuccessCreate(com.vortaloptics.enginemanager.actions.M

anageOrganizationActionTest): FAILED

[cactus] Was expecting '/stream3-test-cactus/enginemanager/admin/Organization

RE: Cactus-1.6.1: error messages

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Mike,

For 1/, don't worry it's an internal error message I think
For 2/ same
For 3/ I don't think this comes from Cactus. It's probably printed by either
your application or one of the fwk it is using (like struts or
strutstestcase maybe).

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Mike,

Are you deployable a WAR or an EAR? One reason that I would see is if the
file jspRedirector.jsp is not added to your WAR for some reason. Could you
check if this file is present in your cactified WAR/EAR?

> 2) "Container responding to HTTP requests as null", but later also showing
> the '-Dcactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/Stream3-test-cactus' is
> called. Why is this?

The message is a bit cryptic (I've just fixed in CVS, thanks). This is just
informative and is the HTTP 'Server' header returned by the container. If
the container has not set it, it will be null.

Thanks
-Vincent