Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io> on 2017/05/03 00:01:17 UTC

[VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc2

Hello MADlib community,

We have created a MADlib 1.11 RC-2, with the artifacts below (source and
convenience binaries) up for a vote.

Note that voting for the RC-1 release has been cancelled due to the need
for minor corrections based on community feedback. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

RC-2 replaces RC-1 with the following minor changes:
* Ensure source tarball unpacks into a folder
* Ensure soft links are correct for OS X installations

This will be the 5th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).

The main goals of this release are:
* new module (PageRank for graph analytics with grouping support included)
* improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to Single Source
Shortest Path, reduce memory footprint of DT and RF, include NULL features
in training DT, add support for array and svec output for Pivot module,
utility to unnest 2-D arrays into rows of 1-D arrays)
* platform updates (GPDB 5)
* updates for Apache Top Level Project readiness and build process on
Apache infrastructure
* bug fixes
* doc improvements

For more information including release notes, please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.11

*** Please download, review and vote by Fri May 05, 2017 @ 6pm PDT ***

We're voting upon the source and convenience binaries below:

Source Repository (tag):  rc/1.11-rc2
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.11-rc2

Source Files and convenience Binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc2/

Commit:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/d54be2b8574c5bf0ace96b94ba81f3e5cbf70a35

KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS

To help in tallying the vote, PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with the vote.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Regards,
Rashmi Raghu

--
Rashmi Raghu, Ph.D.
Pivotal Data Science

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc2

Posted by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Ed for all your observations on RC-2 including product naming and
git revision inconsistencies.

Let us then cancel the RC-2 release. We will address issues, release RC-3
and put it up for a vote soon.

Thanks again,
Rashmi

--