Posted to users@maven.apache.org by khote <kh...@mminternet.com> on 2003/09/15 10:50:40 UTC

faq plugin

I'm managing a project at my local university for some professors and their
students, really trying to get them interested in maven.

As an experiment I wanted to split up my FAQs into more topical groupings,
such as the existing general faq, and one for my project members on the
who/what/why/where/etc on cvs ( a bunch of university students remember).

so I set a sort of hierarchy in my master project.properties:

project.basedir=/projects/chronicle
maven.docs.src=${project.basedir}/xdocs
maven.faqs.src=${maven.docs.src}/faqs
maven.faq.src.file=${maven.faqs.src}/faq.fml

which ends up basically as /projects/chronicle/xdocs/faqs/faq.fml

set this in my master maven.xml:

<preGoal name="xdoc:jelly-transform">
    <attainGoal name="faq"/>
</preGoal>

everything worked fine.  I went ahead and created cvs-faq.fml and stuck it
in that directory.  Without making any other changes multiproject executed
and in fact did the cvs-faq.html!

No other changes, no looping through attainGoals resetting the
maven.faq.src.file and maven.faq.dest.file as I was expecting to have to do.

Looking through the multiproject, site, and faq plugin.jelly files, I don't
see anywhere how this happens, no globbing file names or anything.
There are multiple **/project.xml, but only the parent registers the faq.

this is most curious.  Is this an undocumented feature or an unexpected
misfeature?