Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> on 2017/07/10 05:09:37 UTC

next major release

should it be 4.11.0.0 or 5.0.0.0?

~Rajani
http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/

Re:Re: next major release

Posted by Haijiao <18...@163.com>.
Agree, unless we bring in architecture changes and/or significant improvments, we should still stay on the 4.1x

Personally,  i think these features may make ACS really qualified to 5.0

- VR enhancement,  e.g. Vyos
- API 2.0
- Fully redundant VPC  ( it's broken in current version)
- Redesigned UI
- NoVNC console
- Fully redundant VPC
- VM clone
- Create VM in batch

Regards,

在2017年07月10 18时58分, "Rohit Yadav"<ro...@shapeblue.com>写道:

It should be 4.11.0.0. Unless we're breaking APIs, I'm not in favour of 5.0.0.0.

- Rohit

________________________________

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks Rajani,
I created the upgrade paths and am no test compiling. Expect a PR in the next hour (I added the new path to every version not just past 4.0)

On 12/07/17 08:41, "Rajani Karuturi" <ra...@apache.org> wrote:

    I made the pom changes on master to 4.11.0.0-SNAPSHOT

    4.10 branch is created

    master and 4.10 can now accept changes once the upgrade paths are
    in place.

    Release notes and release announcement are the pending items now.

    Thanks,

    ~ Rajani

    http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/

    On July 12, 2017 at 1:23 AM, Wido den Hollander (wido@widodh.nl)
    wrote:

    I would say 4.11

    5.0 should have major changes (like mentioned), API changes or
    other big things. It should have 'killer features'. New GUI, New
    API, etc. That kind of things.

    Wido

daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: next major release

Re: next major release

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
I would say 4.11

Re: next major release

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Hi Rajani, Wei

On 07/10/2017 08:40 AM, Wei ZHOU wrote:
> It depends on how many new futures or improvements will be merged.
>
> Here are some features we are interested (and in progress)
> - CloudStack Container Service (by shapeblue)
> - NoVNC console (GSoC project)
> - Config Drive (by wido)
> - Network/VPC VR bug fixes
>
> I vote for 5.0.0.0 if all above are done.
>
> -Wei

I would also go for 4.11 until we have a good reason to call the next
version 5.0

One point mentioned few weeks ago is to freeze the current API into v1
and use v2 (client/api/v2) which fixes and cleans up the current API. I
am currently collection all issues and improvements suggestions.

René

Re: next major release

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.