Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/07/11 14:38:52 UTC

PreferencesService Implementation

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on an
implementation of the preferences service. I hope to get it finished in
the next days.

There is currently one (minor) point unclear to me. Is it allowed to
call removeNode() on the parent node of the preferences?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: PreferencesService Implementation

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on an
>>> implementation of the preferences service. I hope to get it finished in
>>> the next days.
>>>
>>> There is currently one (minor) point unclear to me. Is it allowed to
>>> call removeNode() on the parent node of the preferences?
>>>

>> I don't see why not. The parent is just a node that can be removed like
>> any other...
>>

> Yes, my thinking as well.
>
> I have a working implementation right now which is a little bit rough at
> the edges. After some clean up I would like to commit it to the sandbox
> so others can have a look at it (I guess I'll do this on monday or tuesday).

Cool!

-> richard

Re: PreferencesService Implementation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on an
>> implementation of the preferences service. I hope to get it finished in
>> the next days.
>>
>> There is currently one (minor) point unclear to me. Is it allowed to
>> call removeNode() on the parent node of the preferences?
>>

> I don't see why not. The parent is just a node that can be removed like
> any other...

Yes, the only problem is that you can persist this change anymore as
flush or sync are not allowed anymore. The implementation can handle
this though.

I have committed a first version to my sandbox, so everyone can have a
look at it :) As I said the implementation is not 100%....

Carsten

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.