Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Ahmed Hussien <aa...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/20 10:53:10 UTC

HBase cell versions

Does Phoenix support Hbase cell version?
i.e can I use the phoenix shell to view different versions of a
Family:Column ? How?
thanks
Ahmed

Re: HBase cell versions

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Phoenix allows you to do "point-in-time" or "flashback" queries by
specifying a timestamp at connection time. Phoenix does not support
returning multiple versions of the same row in a single query, though
we have a JIRA in place for that if anyone is interested in
contributing toward that feature:

See our FAQ for more info:
http://phoenix.apache.org/faq.html#Can_phoenix_work_on_tables_with_arbitrary_timestamp_as_flexible_as_HBase_API

Thanks,