Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/29 22:05:23 UTC

solr version upgrade

should i re-index all the data if i upgrade to the larest solr version?

Re: solr version upgrade

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Nov 30, 2007 3:10 PM, anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. Here is the parsedquery_toString
> <str name="parsedquery_toString">
> +(((text:need^0.8 | name:need^2.0)~0.01 (text:roommat^0.8 |
> name:roommat^2.0)~0.01 (text:agreement^0.8 | name:agreement^2.0)~0.01)~3)
> (text:"need roommat agreement"~50^0.8 | name:"need roommat
> agreement"~50^2.0)~0.01
> </str>
> The index was built a couple of months back.
> The stopword 'need' was recently added, a couple of days back.
> But you can see that its not getting removed at all before finding matches.

Schema changes don't take effect until Solr is restarted... was it?
If so, make sure there were no exceptions on startup (perhaps the file
couldn't be found or read?), or perhaps Solr is finding the wrong
version of the file... look around on your system for other files with
the same name in the classpath.

-Yonik

Re: solr version upgrade

Posted by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com>.
Ok. Here is the parsedquery_toString
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(((text:need^0.8 | name:need^2.0)~0.01 (text:roommat^0.8 |
name:roommat^2.0)~0.01 (text:agreement^0.8 | name:agreement^2.0)~0.01)~3)
(text:"need roommat agreement"~50^0.8 | name:"need roommat
agreement"~50^2.0)~0.01
</str>
The index was built a couple of months back.
The stopword 'need' was recently added, a couple of days back.
But you can see that its not getting removed at all before finding matches.

Whereas i have a local test version on my PC, the same version of solr as my
work's.
Same schema, config. Index was built at the same time. Its the same as my
work's.
I added the stopword 'need' at the same time (couple of days back). But the
parsedquery_toString is different on mine:
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(((text:roommat^0.8 | name:roommat^2.0)~0.01 (text:agreement^0.8 |
name:agreement^2.0)~0.01)~3) (text:"roommat agreement"~50^0.8 |
name:"roommat agreement"~50^2.0)~0.01
</str>
And i get some results on my version while i get zero results in my work
version.

In the 'text' field definition in the schema, both index and query gets
passed through the stopwordfilter.

Why this discrepancy? I'm re-indexing the data on my work version. But can't
re-index the data everytime i add a new stopword right.

Re: solr version upgrade

Posted by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com>.

Re: solr version upgrade

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.