Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/11/18 17:50:34 UTC

1.5 dev demo

I installed a 1.5-dev demo at www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed for you all
to try out.
To my disappointment, the drag and drop customizer doesn't work on
Safari :-(
And it crashes on IE 6 :-(
Oh well

if anyone had an account that they were actually using there, let me
know and I'll restore it.
There were a few thousand accounts

Please could you all refrain from changing the turbine and admin
passwords?
I don't know if you realize, but if you change the password, how can
others demo the system?

I've noticed that "Create New Account" feature is no longer enabled as
default.
So if you change the two default account passwords, then it ruins the
demo for everyone else.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerald Stampfel <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at>.
True, i ment the drag and drop feature.

-
Gerald Stampfel
e0125452@student.tuwien.ac.at

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
  Also, retried it in firebird on windows - it's working.  Yesterday, I
don't think I was giving it enough time to display the red bar.

Gerry Reno

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
  Gerald, Jun,

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerald Stampfel <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at>.

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com>.
I just tried it on IE 6.0, Firebird 0.7 and Mozilla 1.5.  All worked.

Drag-and-drop customizers were developed and tested on Mozilla and IE
6.  Now that someone has figured out how to install multiple versions of
IE on the same machine, I may be able to look at supporting IE 5.5 and
maybe 5.0.

Jun

RE: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
  Like the parent and alphabet filtering.

Gerry Reno

--- Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Other recent additions include:
>
> 1) Ability to filter by parents when adding portlets to the psml
> 2) Filtering support for the registry browsers.  Currently, the
> Portlet
> Browser is the only one that uses it
> 3) New alphabet navigation for the registry browsers as well as when
> adding
> portlets to the psml.
>
> Jeremy Ford

RE: 1.5 dev demo

  Is there anything in particular that we should try out?  I'm going to

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Gerry Reno wrote:
>
> >  Ok, I like the drag and drop customizer although for me I would
> drag
> >and drop but the portlet would move right back to its original
> >position.
> >
> Make sure you drag it over a "sink" while lights up in red when your
> mouse cursor is over it.
>
> Jun

Tried this is both Mozilla 1.2.1 on Linux and in Mozilla Firebird 0.7
on Windows and in both I can drag the portlet all over and nowhere does
it light up red or anything and when I drop it anywhere it always
returns to its original position.

Gerry Reno

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com>.

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.
  Ok, I like the drag and drop customizer although for me I would drag
and drop but the portlet would move right back to its original
position.  On the stock portlet, I would like to see a timestamp of

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com>.
Can this be caused by more than one session of user "turbine" using the
customizer at the same time?

Jun

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 10:12  AM, Tim Colson wrote:

>> drag and drop customizer and delay rendering sample portlet "Delay
>> render Stock Portlet"
> Ok, got to the enhanced 50/50 layout... dragged a few things. Cool.
>
> Then clicked to removed an item and got a Horrible Exception. :-(

yes thats what i got on IE 6
need to log a bug in bugzilla....

RE: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com>.

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Re: 1.5 dev demo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 09:25  AM, Tim Colson wrote:

>> To my disappointment, the drag and drop customizer doesn't work on
>> Safari :-(
>> And it crashes on IE 6 :-(
>> Oh well
> Dumb question - but where can I find a link to the drag and drop
> customizer?

Go into the customizer and select any of the enhanced layout customizers
For example login as Turbine, customize the "Home" Pane, and click on
the "Layout" drop-down
You will see 5 new enhanced layout controllers
Select one, and then just drag and drop the portlets around the
customizer screen

> I assumed this might be some DHTML magic... but layout customize seems
> to be the same as before.
>
> Would like to give it a try in Firebird 0.7
>
> BTW - Thanks a ton for opening this up for a demo. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Timo

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software