Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Concetto Bonafede <in...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/28 16:04:26 UTC

Problem with update in svn repository

Hi,
I've a problem with the update (or the checkout) from the repository because
my file system is case insensitive and in *
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/entityhub/indexing/dbpedia/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/entityhub/indexing
*/ there are two directories *dbPedia* and *dbpedia*, so the svn gives me a
conflict!

What can I do?

Cheers

Elvio

Re: Problem with update in svn repository

Posted by Concetto Bonafede <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
thanks to have solved the problem.

Now, the update or the checkout working fine.

Best

Elvio

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:44 +0200, "Bertrand Delacretaz"
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> > If there are two files of the same name (different case) in your repo,
> > then someone on a case sensitive OS (Linux?) should fix this ASAP by
> > removing/renaming one of them.
>
> I think fixing should also work from any client using svn URLs:
>
> svn delete
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/entityhub/indexing/dbpedia/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/entityhub/indexing/dbPedia
>
> I'd try but I'm not sure which one needs to be deleted ;-)

How's about:
svn mv
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/entityhub/indexing/dbpedia/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/entityhub/indexing/dbPedia
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/entityhub/indexing/dbpedia/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/entityhub/indexing/the-other-dbPedia

Then someone else can fix the fact that it no longer works :-)

Upayavira

Re: Problem with update in svn repository

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> If there are two files of the same name (different case) in your repo,
> then someone on a case sensitive OS (Linux?) should fix this ASAP by
> removing/renaming one of them.

I think fixing should also work from any client using svn URLs:

svn delete https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/entityhub/indexing/dbpedia/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/entityhub/indexing/dbPedia

I'd try but I'm not sure which one needs to be deleted ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Problem with update in svn repository

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
If there are two files of the same name (different case) in your repo,
then someone on a case sensitive OS (Linux?) should fix this ASAP by
removing/renaming one of them.

Windows clients will likely not be able to handle this case, and it
should therefore be avoided.

Upayavira

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <rw...@apache.org>.
Hi