Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jagadish Bihani <ja...@pubmatic.com> on 2012/07/18 07:53:38 UTC

flume-ng failure recovery

Hi

We want to deploy flume-ng in the production environment in our
organization.
Here is the following scenario for which I am not able to find the answer:

1. We receive logs using 'tail -f' source.
2. Now  the agent process gets killed.
3. We restart it.
4. How would the restarted agent will know the correct state of the file.
Because in the meantime log file would have been modified and agent has
no way of knowing from where to resume?

Could you please help me in identifying how to tackle this scenario?

P.S. Instead of tail -f any other command can be used which doesnt
modify the log file.

Regards,
Jagadish

Re: flume-ng failure recovery

Posted by shekhar sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Moreover the reader part can also keep the list of hosts and act as an load
balancer and also as failover mechanism...

Regards,
Som

Posted by shekhar sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Workman <ju...@gmail.com>.