Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Zeldes, Rick" <ri...@eds.com> on 2003/03/03 20:41:17 UTC

How do I Implement a Proprietary User and Data Store

Hello,

I have a Proprietary application User and Data store that I would like to
have an SMTP/POP3 interface to. In other words, my application receives data
from authenticated users and allows authenticated users to retrieve data
that is destined for them. I would like to use James to provide a SMTP/POP3
interface. What is the best way to do this ? Is it possible to develop
Mailets to redirect all incoming data and retrieval requests to my data
store ? I see that there are interfaces to file based repositories and
database repositories. Is there a generalized interface to connect to a non
JDBC proprietary database for authentication and data store ? Looking for
some direction - Thanks....

Rick Zeldes
EDS - ELIT Engineering
* phone: +01-248-265-8388 (8-365)

RE: How do I Implement a Proprietary User and Data Store

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Rick,

The interfaces are going to change.  Why do you need a proprietary store?
That is not clear, at all, from your description.  Just turn on SMTP AUTH
for your incoming users, and use passwords for your POP users, and you have
what you described.

If you already have this proprietary store, that's another matter.  It would
help to know more details.

	--- Noel