Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Bracewell, Robert" <rb...@qualcomm.com> on 2008/11/23 07:41:14 UTC

Property that defines the generated artifact name

Is there a property that holds the name of the generated artifact that is deployed?
I am trying to find such a property that I can manipulate in the verify phase as a param that is passed into a plug-in.

The nearest thing I can find is ${project.build.finalName} but is only useful if the name is not overridden. For example using ${project.build.finalName} bares no resemblance to the artifact that is generated when using the assembly plug-in and overriding the name if finalName is used.

Is anyone aware of such a property or any reliable way that such can be determined?

--
Robert

Re: Property that defines the generated artifact name

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
I guess I might not have been clear: I meant filing an improvement request
especially related to the *documentation* part of maven. If you have to file
another issue about what made you write this plugin to work around the
problem, you're welcome, but that's not what I wad refering to.

Cheers.

2008/11/23 Bracewell, Robert <rb...@qualcomm.com>

> I might consider raising something in Jira. At the moment I have coded a
> plugin to work around this issue.
> Do you know if there is any documentation with Maven 2.x that points to a
> definite reference of what properties can be referenced.
>
> I haven't managed to find any such documentation on the Maven site
>
> --
> Robert

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

RE: Property that defines the generated artifact name

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.