Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com> on 2007/10/01 05:11:41 UTC

How does a plugin unpack a needed resoure

I'm new to maven plugin development.  I have not been able to get an answer to this so is I missed something please point me to
it. I have  server that needs to be unpacked to the disk to run (it is not tomcat or any app server).  I have a plugin that
holds the server executables and config.  I would like the user of this plugin to be able to call a goal in this plugin and have
the server get unpacked to disk and executed.

Please point me to examples of this kind of plugin.

Since I'm new to Maven please feel free to make suggestions on how to do this (even if they are you are going about this
completely wrong)

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Mark Russell
Instantiations, Inc.

RE: How does a plugin unpack a needed resoure

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The dependency plugin has a few unpack goals:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin