Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Chris W. Dickinson" <Ch...@solipsys.com> on 2010/09/02 07:07:29 UTC

Multiple Configuration Files

I am developing against a third-party Java application.  This
application uses the command line configuration for log4j:

-Dlog4j.configuration=log.prp

I do not wish to overwrite the log.prp in the application, as it would
create headaches when we upgrade the core application software.
However, I do wish to augment the log4j configuration to add an
additional output file to capture log statements from my code separate
from the core software.

Is there a way to define a second property based configuration file and
have the system load it upon startup?  Or am I forced to make a code
call to PropertyConfigurator with my configuration file?

Thanks for the help.

-Christopher