Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu> on 2006/09/13 19:47:32 UTC

[M2] Q: Creating a Macintosh application with Maven2.0.4?

With Maven 1 I was able to create a Macintosh application using Ant
tasks in my maven.xml. A Macintosh application is particular
directory structure that is blessed by setting an attribute on the
directory. I've been able to duplicate everything in Maven2 except
for the copying of the dependent jars to the correct location.

In Maven 1 I used the <deploy:copy-deps> tag. In Maven 2 I've been
trying to use the dependency plugin. If I follow the examples on the
web site, I get an error

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugin:maven-dependency-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

And I try to use the refactored plugin I get a similar error.

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugin:dependency-maven-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

Is there a working dependency plugin that I can use?

In the long term, I anticipate creating a MOJO to do this. If I
create a MOJO, where do I find the necessary Java API documentation.
Should I grab the Maven2 sources and start reading or is there a site
with the Javadocs available?

---
Erik Husby
Senior Software Engineer
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
Rm. 2267, 320 Charles St, Cambridge, MA 02141-2023
mobile: 781.354.6669, office: 617.258.9227
email: mhusby@broad.mit.edu AIM: ErikAtBroad

Re: Q: Creating a Macintosh application with Maven2.0.4?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Plugins under o.a.m.p are generally named maven-xyz-plugin.

"Other" plugins are generally named xyz-maven-plugin.

This is what you want:
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>

Taken from:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/dependency-maven-plugin/1.0/dependency-maven-plugin-1.0.pom

Wayne