Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2008/05/21 17:12:38 UTC

maven-artifact 3.0-SNAPSHOT prefers dependencies repositories?

Hi, I've finally gotten around to integration maven-artifact w/
GShell... and I noticed that when resolving artifacts it tends to
prefer  the repositories in dependency poms?  Maybe its not a maven-
artifact thingy, but a maven-project thingy as I'm re-using the Maven
metadata source thingy.

But I have noticed that I see it trying to download bits from remote
repositories when my local file:// repository (for testing) seems to
have everything it needs already.

Is there a reason that repos defined in a deps pom are preferred?

--jason