Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Jiri Jetmar <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/18 10:58:10 UTC

Apache Zest in Action

Hi Gang,

just a short note - I will have on Monday, 11am EST a call with the
"Manning Publications"
regarding a possible publication of a "Apache Zest in Action" book.

This is the first call and I guess it goes more in a direction like how
does the process
look like, structures, etc. as well as legal aspects. I;m not experienced
in this field
and there I want to use this call to get more informations.

>From my perspective the lack of documentation prevents lots of developers
to join the Zest
community. Therefore having such a .. in Action book would be a step in the
right direction.

I have also a huge respect to start such a project and therefore I;m
thinking more
on a community effort. Having 2-4 co-authors will both decrease the effort
for a single author
and (hopefully) increase the quality for the entire book.

Ideas / comments ?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Jiri

Re: Apache Zest in Action

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
It is indeed a large effort.
I have been involved in 3 books (reviewer and small content provider), and
it is not fun to underestimate the effort.

Manning has a bunch of papers that describe exactly what will happen. It is
not a given that they will publish a book, just because we are an Apache
project.

I am a bit surprised that Manning hasn't sent the written material before
any phone call. That would make it easier to prepare for the call...

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer