Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 21:23:09 UTC

Memberships

Hi, from doc.

"The primary purpose of identity management systems is to manage data
belonging to *users*; it is common practice in such systems to define as
well entities called *roles* that helps in defining and enforcing security
policies. In addition to this, Syncope explicitly represents the fact that
users can be assigned to roles by mean of *memberships*."

How is the latter achieved, or how is it possible to assign users to
Memberships.
I tried to create a Membership setting user and role but doesnt seem to
work..

Regards

Re: Memberships

Posted by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com>.
Marco from core.log I can see that no records are updated with memberships
as seen below:

core.log

14:21:58.377 DEBUG
org.apache.syncope.core.sync.impl.AbstractSyncopeResultHandler - Process
CREATE_OR_UPDATE for 98 as ObjectClass: __ACCOUNT__
14:21:58.464 DEBUG
org.apache.syncope.core.sync.impl.AbstractSyncopeResultHandler - About to
update [153]
14:21:58.464 DEBUG
org.apache.syncope.core.sync.impl.AbstractSyncopeResultHandler - About to
update 153
14:21:59.038 DEBUG
org.apache.syncope.core.sync.impl.AbstractSyncopeResultHandler -
Transformed: org.apache.syncope.common.mod.UserMod@2da65c20[
  password=<null>
  username=<null>
  membershipsToAdd=[]
  membershipsToRemove=[]
  pwdPropRequest=<null>
  securityQuestion=<null>
  securityAnswer=<null>
  resourcesToAdd=[]
  resourcesToRemove=[]
  id=153
  attrsToUpdate=[]
  attrsToRemove=[]
  derAttrsToAdd=[]
  derAttrsToRemove=[]
  virAttrsToUpdate=[]
  virAttrsToRemove=[]
]

But userTO has updates set  in SyncAction as seen below:

:org.apache.syncope.common.to.UserTO@4ea504a[
  memberships=[org.apache.syncope.common.to.MembershipTO@29def712[
  roleId=151
  roleName=USR
  id=0
  derAttrs=[]
  virAttrs=[]
  attrs=[]
  creator=<null>
  creationDate=<null>
  lastModifier=<null>
  lastChangeDate=<null>
]]
  status=active
  token=<null>
  tokenExpireTime=<null>
  username=98
  lastLoginDate=<null>
  changePwdDate=Thu Mar 19 18:29:17 ART 2015
  failedLogins=0
  securityQuestion=<null>
  securityAnswer=<null>
  resources=[Usuarios, menu]
  propagationStatusTOs=[]
  id=153
  derAttrs=[]
  virAttrs=[org.apache.syncope.common.to.AttributeTO@333d2ccb[

Regards

marco.disabatino@tirasa.net>:

> Il 19/03/2015 22:44, Manfredo Hopp ha scritto:
>
> Thank you Marco I tested it with no errors but no memberships where
>  created, maybe there is some configuration missing. I verified action
> class containing your code is active.
>

> Please debug your syncAction and show syncope core logs.
> In my example, the sync action assigns a role to an user. Also if you
> want to associate a membership attribute, you have to add other code.
>
> Before this, you will need to create a membership schema, a role and
> configure the template in your Role and SyncAction:
>
> UserTO userTO = (UserTO) subject;
>
> MembershipTO membershipTO = new MembershipTO();
> membershipTO.setRoleId(roleId);
> final AttributeTO attributeTO = new AttributeTO();
> attributeTO.setSchema("membershipSchemaName");
> attributeTO.getValues().add("values");
>
> //Add membership attribute
> membershipTO.getAttrs().add(attributeTO);
> //Add role to the user
> userTO.getMemberships().add(membershipTO);
>
> Regards
>

>  Regards

> marco.disabatino@tirasa.net>:
>
>>  Hi Manfredo,
>>
>> Il 19/03/2015 16:09, Manfredo Hopp ha scritto:
>>
>> Thank you Marco is it possible to do the same through  SyncAction?
>>
>>  I tried with:
>>
>>  Membership mem = new Membership();
>> mem.setSyncopeRole(r);
>> mem.setSyncopeUser(u);
>>

>>  UserTO userTO = (UserTO) subject;
>>
>> MembershipTO membershipTO = new MembershipTO();
>> membershipTO.setRoleId(roleId);
>>
>     userTO.getMemberships().add(membershipTO);
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>>

>>  Regards

>> marco.disabatino@tirasa.net>:
>>
>>>  Hi Manfredo,
>>>
>>> Il 18/03/2015 21:23, Manfredo Hopp ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi, from doc.
>>>
>>>  "The primary purpose of identity management systems is to manage data
>>> belonging to *users*; it is common practice in such systems to define
>>> as well entities called *roles* that helps in defining and enforcing
>>> security policies. In addition to this, Syncope explicitly represents the
>>> fact that users can be assigned to roles by mean of *memberships*."
>>>
>>>  How is the latter achieved, or how is it possible to assign users to
>>> Memberships.
>>> I tried to create a Membership setting user and role but doesnt seem to
>>> work..
>>>
>>>  To be able to assign a role to a user and populate the membership you
>>> must perform the following steps:
>>>
>>> 1) Go to Schema tab, then click Membership subtab.
>>> 2) Create a new membership.
>>> 3) Click to Roles tab, then create a new Role.
>>> 4) In the configuration of the new role, you must not forget to add the membership
>>> attribute. To do this, you need to go under the Template subtab from
>>> edit RoleModalPage and move the membership schema from Available to
>>> Selected.
>>> 5) Save.
>>>
>>> You are ready to create a new user, assign a role and and populate the
>>> value of its membership.
>>>
>>> 1) Go to User Tab.
>>> 2) Click on create.
>>> 3) Fill all fields.
>>> 4) Click on Roles subtab.
>>> 5) Add the role that you have configured before.
>>> 6) In "Selected Roles", click edit link.

Re: Memberships

Posted by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com>.
Should users with same id have same usersTO object in different SyncActions
methods?

If answer is yes I have a  SyncAction where  this is not happening.

UserTo object with userid(153) in beforeUpdate() method :

org.apache.syncope.common.to.UserTO@3af4d81a[
  memberships=[]
  status=active
  token=<null>
  tokenExpireTime=<null>
  username=98
  lastLoginDate=<null>
  changePwdDate=Thu Mar 19 18:29:17 ART 2015
  failedLogins=0
  securityQuestion=<null>
  securityAnswer=<null>
  resources=[Usuarios, menu]
  propagationStatusTOs=[]
  id=153

UserTo object with userid(153) in after() method :
org.apache.syncope.common.to.UserTO@3ea5de[

Re: Memberships

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Re: Memberships