Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by dodi hakim <do...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 03:46:50 UTC

Introduction

Hi all,

I'm writing to express my interest to contribute to the Apache Mahout
project.
My name is Dodi Hakim, I'm currently studying master of  computing at
Australian National University. Before that I was a Java programmer(still
now) with several years of experience.

I have taken machine learning and data mining courses in the past and at
the moment I'm taking open source software course. In this course, I would
like to get involved to the Mahout project as a part of my assignment. I'm
aware this is a quite active project, but my intention is that I can
continue on this after the course end.

I looked at issue tracker, particularly  issue no "Mahout-1428 -
Recommending already consumed items" and I was thinking if I can work on
this for my first contribution.

I don't know if this is an appropriate for newcomer, or do you have any
particular part that I can start with?

--
Best Regards,

Dodi Amar Hakim

Re: Introduction

Posted by dodi hakim <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I've clone the source code and currently start
working on that.

--
Best Regards,

Dodi Amar Hakim