Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/16 22:26:42 UTC

Fwd: Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7 released!

On Friday, March 15, 2013 11:39:54 AM UTC-7, Hodgestar wrote:

> [...]
> **.
>
> Genshi 0.6.1 fixes numerous bugs and edge cases in Genshi 0.6.x. All
> these fixes are included in 0.7 too.
>
> Both can be downloaded from http://genshi.edgewall.org/**wiki/Download<http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Download>.
>

> == Change logs ==
>
> Version 0.7:
>
>  * Add support for Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 (via 2to3) and for PyPy. The
>    majority of the coding was done in a sprint run by the Cape Town Python
>    Users Group with financial assistance from the Python Software
> Foundation.
>  * Default input and output encodings changed from UTF-8 to None (i.e.
> unicode
>    strings).
>  * Skip Mako benchmarks if Mako isn't installed (rather than failing
>    completely).
>
> Version 0.6.1:
>
>  * Security fix to enhance sanitizing of CSS in style attributes. Genshi's
>    `HTMLSanitizer` disallows style attributes by default (this remains
>    unchanged) and warns against such attacks in its documentation, but
>    the provided CSS santizing is now less lacking (see #455).
>  * Fix for error in how `HTMLFormFiller` would handle `textarea` elements
> if
>    no value was not supplied form them.
>  * The `HTMLFormFiller` now correctly handles check boxes and radio
> buttons
>    with an empty `value` attribute.
>  * Template `Context` objects now have a `.copy` method.
>  * Added a simple `tox.ini` file for using tox to test against multiple
>    verions of Python.
>  * Fix for bug in `QName` comparison (see #413).
>  * Fix for bug in handling of trailing events in match template matches
>    (see #399).
>  * Fix i18n namespace declaration in documentation (see #400).
>  * Fix for bug in caching of events in serializers by no longer caching
>    `(TEXT, Markup)` events (see #429).
>  * Fix i18n namespace declaration in documentation (see #400).
>  * Fix for bug in caching of events in serializers by no longer caching
>    `(TEXT, Markup)` events (see #429).
>  * Fix handling of `None` by `Markup.escape` in `_speedups.c` (see #439).
>  * Fix handling of internal state by match templates (relevant when
> multiple
>    templates match the same part of the stream, see #370).
>  * Fix handling of multiple events between or on either side of start and
> end
>    tags in translated messages (see #404).
>  * Fix test failures caused by changes in HTMLParser in Python 2.7 (see
> #501).
>  * Fix infinite loop in interplotation lexing that was introduced by a
> change
>    in Python 2.7's tokenizer (see #540).
>  * Fix handling of processing instructions without data (see #368).
>  * Updated MANIFEST.in so as not to rely on build from Subersion 1.6.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that Bloodhound is now pulling Genshi
0.7.0 from PyPI (previously 0.6.0), so we've been passively upgraded. We'll
need to be on the lookout for potential issues.

Re: Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7 released!

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 3/16/13, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Friday, March 15, 2013 11:39:54 AM UTC-7, Hodgestar wrote:
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce the release of Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7.

[...]
> Just wanted to make everyone aware that Bloodhound is now pulling Genshi
> 0.7.0 from PyPI (previously 0.6.0), so we've been passively upgraded. We'll
> need to be on the lookout for potential issues.

Genshi=0.7.x might be useful for an eventual support for Py 3.0 ,
which is nice . Nevertheless atm I think we should add Genshi<0.7 in
dependencies list to force installation of 0.6.1 .

If that's the way to go , I do not know if that is a strong reason to
stop releasing 0.5.2 and move on to 0.5.3 after that tiny change .

Olemis.