Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eric Schwartz <er...@steelerubber.com> on 2007/03/29 22:25:39 UTC

Views in ofbiz

When scrolling through the entity data maintenance screens in ofbiz you
notice a bunch of view entitys. I am curious about how ofbiz creates the
views. I noticed that they are not views stored in the database. Is this to
keep ofbiz database agnostic and supply view functionality to databases that
don't support them?

--
Eric Schwartz
Web Developer/IT Department

Re: Views in ofbiz

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
A view-entity is fairly different from a "view" in a database,
thought the abstract concept is about the same.

In the database a view-entity is implemented using JOINs for multiple
member-entities, and grouping and functions for the summary data side
of things.

Conceptually a view-entity is just a virtual view on top of one or
more entities.

-David

Re: Views in ofbiz

Posted by Eric Schwartz <er...@steelerubber.com>.