Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bhaarat Sharma <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/21 04:17:55 UTC

confusion about s:select with multiple true

I have been playing around with this sample code:

<s:select label="Months"
       name="months"
       headerKey="-1" headerValue="Select Month"
       list="#{'01':'Jan', '02':'Feb'}"
       value="#{'01','02'}"
multiple="true"
required="true"/>

This works as I want it to.  My question is, if I want values for 'list' and
'value' coming from the action class then should the method for list be
returning a hashMap? and value be returning a list? is that the only way?

Re: confusion about s:select with multiple true

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Bhaarat Sharma wrote:
> I have been playing around with this sample code:
>
> <s:select label="Months"
>        name="months"
>        headerKey="-1" headerValue="Select Month"
>        list="#{'01':'Jan', '02':'Feb'}"
>        value="#{'01','02'}"
> multiple="true"
> required="true"/>
>
> This works as I want it to.  My question is, if I want values for 'list' and
> 'value' coming from the action class then should the method for list be
> returning a hashMap? and value be returning a list? is that the only way?

Did you try using a list for the "list" attribute? Or check out the docs
regarding the "list", "listKey", and "listValue" attributes?

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/select.html

Dave