Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Vincenzo Vitale <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 14:54:04 UTC

CXF 2.1 release

Hi,

was the 2.1 released postponed?

Thanks,
Vicio.

Re: CXF 2.1 release

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Vincenzo Vitale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> was the 2.1 released postponed?

Quick update about that.....

There are currently two JAX-WS TCK failures with the 2.1 codebase.
However, they are bugs in the TCK and we have started the challenge
process, but we have not yet received an update/patch to the TCK from
Sun.    Until we have 100% pass rate on the TCK, we cannot release
a "JAX-WS compatible" version of cxf.   To me, the compatibility
statement is important.

Also, I really don't want to do another incubator release.   They are NOT
enjoyable to do at all due to constant changing  requirements, people
voting based on personal opinions, etc....  2.0.5 was a pain.  Thus,
unless one of the other committers wants to step up and be the release
manager, (which I'm all for, BTW.  I'd be glad to help someone out if
they are interested.)  I'm going to wait till the April 16th or so when
we can do releases ourselves.  If, for some reason, the board doesn't
get to voting on our graduation on the 16th, then I'll go ahead and deal
with the incubator then, but at this point, I have no desire to do it
again.

That said, I'll probably build a "beta-2" build sometime later this week.
I'd REALLY like any extra eyes on it to give it some good testing.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA