Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2012/05/18 14:45:59 UTC

Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Hi all,

according to our tentative release schedule:

http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html

in May we should release Apache OFBiz 11.04.01.

Here are the tasks currently associated to this release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ/fixforversion/12320772

and specifically:

1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4816

this is a reminder for me and I will take care of it

2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4817

are there volunteers for this? The idea is to make sure that all files (source files and jars) adhere to the license requirements; and also make sure that the LICENSE And NOTICE files are up to date. The best way to start is to run Apache Rat and then work from there.

3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4130

according to Hans' comments this can be probably addressed temporarily adding proper information to the documentation for tenant setup mentioning that Webtools application is not safe to be used in a multi tenant setup and that the SECURITYADMIN  permission should never be associated to a tenant user.

Apart from the above details: do we see any blockers or good reasons for postponing the release? I don't see any of them and if we complete #2 I will be ready to start wrapping a release package and starting the release vote.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On May 18, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> You have a dynamic (updated at each builbot - our CI - build) RAT report at http://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/rat-output.html

Cool, I didn't know about it

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Oops, sorry of course my commentswere based on my review to the output of RAT based on trunk.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Please create a pacth and attach it to the Jira task and a committer will commit it.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
I need a committer login to commit, right?

--Venkat

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <
jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

> For now please ignore the ones under docbook and jquery folders; I hope
> that the committer of jcr related code will fix the ones under jcr
> (veifying if it is ok to add the ASL license to them); you can ignore all
> the files under runtime; license headers needs to be added to the files of
> the webpos component.
> These changes should be committed to trunk, 12.04 and 11.04
>
> Jacopo
>

> On May 22, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Venkat Mangudi wrote:
>
> > There are about 1985 files without Apache License as per the RAT report.
> > Different types of file dtd, xsl, xml, groovy, java, js and some more.
> >
> > I should check each file and verify/add Apache License to it, right? Who
> > did this last time? Maybe I can get a few pointers.
> >
> > --Venkat
> >
> > On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Jacques,
> >>
> >> The amended help files (regarding licence statement in both locale EN
> and
> >> NL, and improvements to content of locale in EN) including  the
> associcated
> >> structure files are uploaded as a patch in
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4802.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Pierre

> files

> >> report
> >> http://ci.apache.org/projects/**ofbiz/rat-output.html>
> >> http://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/rat-output.html>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Venkat

Venkat

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by hongs bill <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
I am hongs

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by hongs bill <bi...@gmail.com>.
When will release this version?

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Venkat,

I'm sorry for the delay, I have just asked the infra for it

I guess you checked out from http://creadur.apache.org/rat/index.html
Did you have a look at http://creadur.apache.org/ (it does not seems to add much in our case, but just in case...)

Let's see, thanks

Jacques

From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
I just need the xsl stylesheet so that I can get my local output from RAT
and Saxon look more user friendly. Right now, it is too painful to make
sense of the output quickly.

--Venkat

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Too busy atm, I will try to have a look this weekend?
> What is the situation, your needs?
>

> Jacques
>
> From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>
>
>> I meant to say this...
>>

>> Folks, some help would be appreciated please. :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Venkat
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>
>> **wrote:
>>
>>  Folks, some help would be please.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Venkat
>>>

>>> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Venkat Mangudi <venkatmangudi@gmail.com

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Venkat
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Venkat

Venkat

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
I meant to say this...

Folks, some help would be appreciated please. :-)

Regards,
Venkat

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Folks, some help would be please.
>
> Regards,
> Venkat
>

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <
>> jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
>>

>>> All the files under <component>/build/ folders are generated ones and
>>> should be ignored.
>>> I would suggest to run RAT in your local box on a clean OFBiz in order
>>> to avoid these false positives.
>>>

>> Installed RAT and saxon9b. Where can I get the xsl stylesheet that was
>> used to build the rat-output file? The xml data is not as pretty as the
>> output file.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Venkat
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Venkat

Venkat

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
Folks, some help would be please.

Regards,
Venkat

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <
> jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
>

>> All the files under <component>/build/ folders are generated ones and
>> should be ignored.
>> I would suggest to run RAT in your local box on a clean OFBiz in order to
>> avoid these false positives.
>>

> Installed RAT and saxon9b. Where can I get the xsl stylesheet that was
> used to build the rat-output file? The xml data is not as pretty as the
> output file.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Venkat

Venkat

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
Here is what I did.

> [...]

> Compressed archives will be marked A
> Notices, licenses etc will be marked N
>
> HTH
>

> Jacques
>
> From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>
>
>> There are about 1985 files without Apache License as per the RAT report.
>> Different types of file dtd, xsl, xml, groovy, java, js and some more.
>>
>> I should check each file and verify/add Apache License to it, right? Who
>> did this last time? Maybe I can get a few pointers.
>>
>> --Venkat
>>
>> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Jacques,
>>>
>>> The amended help files (regarding licence statement in both locale EN and
>>> NL, and improvements to content of locale in EN) including  the
>>> associcated
>>> structure files are uploaded as a patch in

Venkat

Re: Releasing Apache OFBiz 11.04.01

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Venkat,

It's great to offer your help. I'm afraid though that you will no be aware of some specificities (like the ones I underlined below:
all docbookc and jQuery files)
So the 1st thing is to distinguish patterns in order to exclude them. For instance,
all files under runtime should be neglicted
those under
 /home/buildslave2/slave2/ofbiz-trunk/build/framework/base/build/gen-src

From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>

Posted by Venkat Mangudi <ve...@gmail.com>.
There are about 1985 files without Apache License as per the RAT report.
Different types of file dtd, xsl, xml, groovy, java, js and some more.

I should check each file and verify/add Apache License to it, right? Who
did this last time? Maybe I can get a few pointers.

--Venkat

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jacques,
>
> The amended help files (regarding licence statement in both locale EN and
> NL, and improvements to content of locale in EN) including  the associcated
> structure files are uploaded as a patch in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4802.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre
>
> 2012/5/18 Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>
>
> > Jacques,
> >
> > I will amend immediately the help files for both EN and NL locales.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pierre
> >

> > 2012/5/18 Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>
> >
> >> BTW you don't have to worry about docbook. We already treated it
> >> seriously. A worry less...
> >> On the other hand we need to put an ASL2 license in all Help_*.xml files
> >> where it's missing (my fault when committing Pierre's work)
> >> All jQuery is of course also OK, etc.
> >>

> >> Jacques
> >>
> >> From: "Venkat Mangudi" <ve...@gmail.com>

> report